Cerebral Palsy Lawyer in Kansas
If your child suffers from cerebral palsy and you believe that a medical professional’s negligence contributed, we ask you to call our attorneys today at 1-855-833-3707 (toll-free).
Cerebral palsy refers to an umbrella term of conditions which affect thousands of individuals across the country. Cerebral palsy (CP) is a disorder which occurs due to traumatic brain injury or infection during pregnancy, during birth, or shortly after.
Doctors are usually relied on by pregnant women and their families to provide those that come to them with the highest level of care. Because cerebral palsy is often caused by medical malpractice, it becomes important to hold these individuals accountable for their negligent actions. By contacting an experienced Kansas cerebral palsy lawyer, you may be able to collect the compensation needed to help care for your child.
There are several ways a doctor, nurse or obstetrician may have caused your child’s cerebral palsy:
- Using birth-inducing drugs (such as Pitocin) in an improper manner.
- Excessive use of assisted delivery methods such as forceful vacuum extraction or clamps.
- Failure to monitor the mother’s vital signs and act on changes during delivery.
- Failure to provide proper prenatal care to the pregnant mother.
- Failure to act on fetal distress and not performing a cesarean section as a mitigation measure.
Early signs that your newborn may have cerebral palsy include:
- The child’s limbs are “floppy” shortly after birth.
- Dusky or blue skin, signaling significant lack of oxygen during birth.
- The child experiences seizures 24 to 48 hours after its delivery.
- The baby is not be able to properly suck or swallow after the birth.
- The child requires resuscitation after delivery.
Treating cerebral palsy is a multi-pronged affair: physical therapy, surgery, anticonvulsants and medical aids are just some of the treatments available. That being said, this condition can be expensive, with estimates upwards of a million dollars needed to fully care for your child for the duration of his or her life.
Get Legal Help Today
If your child developed CP as a result of a doctor’s negligence, you need to speak with a qualified and experienced Kansas cerebral palsy attorney as soon as possible. Please contact Rasansky Law Firm today to see how best we can help you. Call 1-855-833-3707 now for your free consultation with one of our stellar lawyers, or simply fill in the email form on this page with the details of your case and send it to us. We look forward to speaking with you.
More information: Kansas Cerebral Palsy Resources